Chek Hup Lucky Draw Campaign
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) shall apply to the Lucky Draw Campaign organised by CHEK HUP SDN BHD (242599-U) (“Organiser”) (“Contest”).
The Participant (as defined below) agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and that their entry into the Contest is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms have the meaning given in the Terms, unless stated otherwise.
- Eligibility Criteria
- This “Chek Hup Lucky Draw Campaign” (“Contest”) is open to all participants (except as mentioned herein) who are permanent residents of Malaysia or Malaysian citizens and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Contest Period (“Participants”).
- Individuals listed below are not eligible to participate in this Contest:
- Employees of the Organiser (including its affiliates, subsidiaries, or related entities) and their immediate family members (child, parents, siblings, and spouses);
- The Organiser may at its absolute discretion, exclude any Participant from participating in this Contest without giving any notice and/or reasons,
- The Contest is open for West and East Malaysia region.
2. Contest period and Entry criteria
Participants are entitled to one entry per transaction with a purchase of RM90 and above. Purchases of more than the minimum purchase amount in a single transaction are considered as a single entry.
RM90 must be the nett price for each transaction (excluding the shipping fee).
- The Contest shall commence on 3rd November 16, 2023 at 23:59:59 hours (Malaysian Time) (“Contest Period”).
- Contest Prizes
- Grand prize: Touch n Go ewallet credit worth RM 100 x 2 winners
- 1st runner up: 5 packs of Chek Hup beverages (any 3 packs of White Coffee and 2 packs of Kokoo Chocolate Drink) x 2 winners
- 2nd runner up: Chek Hup e-voucher worth RM 50 x 3 winners
- The Winners will be selected in accordance with the following process – The team will select the winners while recording a video of the process. This video will be used to verify that the selection process was fair and random.
- All Prizes are strictly non-transferable, non-assignable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-negotiable by the Winning Participant.
- Winner(s) shall be deemed to have forfeited their entitlement over their Prize if they fail to share their details with the Organisers within one (1) week from date of announcement. Any claims and/or request made after the one (1) week period will not be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute any of the Prizes with other Prizes with equal value at anytime without prior notice. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred, whether directly or indirectly, with regards to the substitution of the Prizes.
- All taxes and service charges from the government, federal, state, local (if any) associated with the Prizes shall be borne by the Winners.
- All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the Winner and the Organiser excludes all warranties in connection with any Prize to the extent permitted by law.
- Judging Criteria
- All decisions announced by Chek Hup shall be final and binding. Any disputes in relation to Chek Hup’s decision will not be entertained.
- Each Participant is only eligible to win a maximum of ONE (1) Prize for this Contest.
- The Organiser will announce the Winners on the 20th November 2023 via the Organiser’s social media platform feed.
- Organiser’s Rights
- The Participant agrees that all materials submitted by the Participant for this Contest will become the property of the Organiser. Where applicable, copyright and intellectual property rights (including moral rights) including but not limited to digital or non-digital materials (ie: videos and images) shall belong to the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to publish, use the names, photographs, images and/or videos submitted by the Participants/Winners for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes, without the need to give any prior notice or compensation to the Participants/Winners. The Participants/Winners shall not be eligible to claim title or any other compensation for publication of such materials from the Organiser.
- If for any reason whatsoever this Contest cannot be continued as designed due to any cause not limited to computer virus infection, malware, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser that undermines or interferes with the supervision, safety, fairness, authority, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organiser reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove any individual who interferes with the participation process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest. Should the Organiser choose to cancel or terminate this Contest, the Organiser shall not retain any copyright in any participation.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove any Participant and/or participation deemed (at the Organiser’s discretion) to be indecent or unsuitable for public view or deemed or suspected to be fraudulent/destructive/disruptive to the participation process of this Contest, the operation of this Contest or in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest. The Organiser reserves the right to take legal action against any individual believed to be involved with fraudulent activities or other activities that are detrimental to this Contest, the Organiser or the Contest participation process.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time according to the Organiser’s discretion without giving prior notice.
- The decision of the Organiser in all matters relating to the grievance shall be final, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Liability & Responsibility
- Unless stated otherwise, all transport costs, internet charges, personal and/or other costs, dues and/or any other expenses incurred by the Participants in connection with this Contest (whether for the purpose of participation, engage in or receive any benefits or prizes from this Contest) or for the purpose of redemption of prizes or related travel are the sole responsibility of the Participants, the Organiser, its allies, authorised agents of agencies involved shall not be liable for any of these costs/fees/charges/expenses.
- The Organiser, its allies, authorised third parties and involved agencies shall not be liable for entries that are lost, damaged, slow during transmission, or due to computer equipment, mobile, IT or technology. The Participant is responsible for ensuring his/her entries comply with all the Terms and Conditions of this Contest, and his/her entries reach the Organiser in the form desired by the Organiser.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Organiser, its parent company, subsidiary company or associated company defined in the Companies Acts 2016, directors, employees, agents, sponsors and/or representatives against any losses, rights, claims, actions and damages (including special, indirect and consequential damages) arising out of or resulting from the Participant’s participation in the Contest, receipt of Gifts, and/or use of the Participant’s entry and/or likeness in connection with the Contest or breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant’s participation in the Contest is solely at the Participant’s own risk.
- The Organiser, its directors, employees, workers, agents, sponsors and/or representatives shall not be liable to the Participant for any loss or damage sustained, including but not limited to indirect or consequential damages, or personal injury sustained or suffered by the Participant following the Participant’s involvement in the Contest, including the redemption and/or use of the Prize won.
- Law & Jurisdiction
This Contest and the Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Malaysia, and by participating in this Contest, it shall be deem as acceptance by the Participants to submit any claim, dispute or controversy to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.
9.1 By participating in the Contest, Participant are deemed to have consented to the collection, processing , storage and sharing of the Participant’s personal data by the Organiser and any of its companies, subsidiaries or associates as defined in the Companies Act 2016 and service providers, agents and contractors who provide administrative and business support to us and act for our side (“Indemnified Third Parties”) for the purpose of this Contest and/or any other promotional and marketing purposes.
9.2 By Participating in the Contest, the Participants acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser and Indemnified Third Parties may share the Participant’s personal information that has been received by the Organisers and Indemnified Third Parties for the purposes of the Contest. This includes disclosing Participant’s name to the general public if the Participant becomes a Winner in this contest and/or if Participant participates in our promotions/campaigns/events by publishing the Participant’s name, photos and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
9.3 Organiser may also use Participant’s personal information for the purpose of contacting and sending marketing and promotion information or materials about our products, services, samples, promotions, events or contests organised by the Organiser.
9.4 In the event a Participant shares and discloses the personal information of an individual other than the Participant to the Organiser, the Participant is deem to have obtained the consent of that individual to share and disclose their personal information to us and to be contacted by us. Participant shall irrevocably indemnify the Organiser for any losses suffered arising from the sharing, disclosure and/or subsequent reproduction/publication of such information.
9.5 At times the Organiser may appoint Substitute Third Parties to process the Participant’s personal information. All assigned Third Parties are contractually bound to take reasonable steps to keep the information safe and not to use your personal information in any manner other than as stated herein.
9.6 To the extent that applicable laws allow, Participants have the right to request access to, request copies of, request to update or correct, Participant’s personal data held by us.
9.7 All reference to “Participant” and/or “Participants” herein are used interchangeably and refer to the same subject, both singular and plural form, where applicable.